Monday, October 31, 2005

Going out of town w/my honey for a family crisis

Life is rearing it's ugly head. My honey's (Guiseppe) father has taken ill. For those of that don't know, my honey is from Sicily. So that's where I will be, right by his side. We are leaving tomorrow morning and it's like a ten hour flight.

Anyway I can't tell you how my heart breaks seeing the rock of my universe fall to pieces. I don't blame him, that's not my point. But seeing him cry shakes me up a bit. I feel helpless at times and I just clam up and let him have his moment. I don't know what to say to him. I've known him for 19 years and something like this has got me tongue tied!

He told me just being there was enough. I guess that's what I will have to except.

Right now we are concentrating on his mother who is 93, Papa Spalino is 97. They have been married for a little over 70 years! We both have to be strong for her.

I will keep you posted, we don't know what to expect when we land and I don't know how long I will be there. Papa Spalino is a well respected man in his town, so it's going to be interesting.

Stephanie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You and your family are in my prayers, Stephanie.

Shawn said...

I'm praying for you and yours, especially his mom. Even the thought of losing someone you've spent nearly your entire life with is devastating.