Monday, August 22, 2005

Welcome! I'm Finally Here!! /An Introduction

First off I would like to welcome everyone that stops by here!

I've been talking about getting a Blog to promote myself and share ideas about IR eroitca and romance, but I never got around to it - until now!

So a little about myself.

I am an up and coming writer in the genre of IR (Interracial Romance). I was first just an avid reader, trying to get my hands on every IR book I could find. It could be romance, espionage mystery or erotica, you name it, it was on my shelf!

Well as you know the pickings were slim. It's just been in the past five years that this genre has picked up but we have a long way to go!

That' s where I come in and a lot of others that are already out there making their mark!

It has only been in the past two years that I really considered writing - period. Not just Romance but anything for that matter.

Well now I have four books in the works! Two Erotica one Mystery Romance and one Espionage Romance. The first two I am sbumtting to e-publishers the last two to mass market. But more on that in my next post.

Right now I just wanted to give you an idea about what this blog is about and what I'm about. I hope you join me in my journey to becoming published and watching other stories develop. Who knows, you guys might have some ideas that you want to see out there in print! LOL!

9 comments:

Adrienne Kama said...

Yay! You finally got your blog up!!! Congratulations.

Yep, the I/R romance market is finally picking up, but it still needs lots more authors. Especially authors who write the kind of spicy fiction you do :)

IR LOVER said...

Yep, I finally got it up and running!

I'm trying to writie the spicy as well as the mainstream stuff.

I like the BDSM genre and since there isn't enough with an IR slant I figure I give it a shot.

My next book in the wings (and don't we have a lot of those)LOL! Is called Hostage! It's about a bank robbery gone wrong and two of the crooks taking my heroine hostage.

It's not as bad as it sounds you have to read the book when it's published (hopefuly)LOL!!

Right now just trying to get Detention together. One project at a time I keep telling myself. LOL!

Sylvia Hubbard said...

Congrats on getting your blog up and congrats on your publishing endeavors.

Your success is in my prayers tonight, Stephanie.

IR LOVER said...

Thanks Sylvia I really appreciate it.

You know, writing is so theraputic, even though I rant on about editing and re-writing. It keeps me from going postal with my co-wokers! LOL!!

I've noticed you got some new books out and in the wings. When time allows I will have to read them.

I have a lot of catching up to do for that matter.

Thanks for stopping by!

Mari said...

Whoohoo...You go girl. We need more authors of IR!

IR LOVER said...

Thanks Marianne!

Just tryig to add to the pot. LOL!

Marie Rochelle said...

Stephanie,

I finally made it over here and Girl you blog looks so good. It puts mine to shame.

I plan to visit here more and comment about your questions too.

Marie Rochelle said...

Oh by the way, it's me Shoppingdiva!

IR LOVER said...

Hey ShoppingDiva!

Giiirrrl, I have to update my blog. I'm glad you made it over here.

I have ben sooooo busy with writing and running my own business. In other words, life! LOL!

Thanks for the good words