Thursday, February 19, 2009

Reality Shows and a Trivia Question

Okay, I’m sitting down talking with my hubby, channel surfing. You know not really paying attention to what’s on the screen really and lo and behold this new reality show is being advertised.

You would not believe what the show was about. Jockeys. Yes, you saw right - jockeys. Those vertically challenged people that ride horses around a track!

HUH?

Okay, come on is television that hard up for entertainment. Now I admit I’m a nerd. Got a masters in history, lived in Italy, traveled around the world. I sing opera. And I will admit to watching the History channel and all those “Expand Your Mind” channels. I have over 2500 books mostly history in my personal library. But I have guilty pleasures too.

Court shows! Not Court TV. Although if an interesting trial is on I’ll watch, but no, court shows, Judge Alex, (hubba hubba) Judge Karen, People’s Court, you know them. I also love to watch the shows that talk about the UFO’s. Those are funny. Always hilarious watching a farmer with three teeth in his head: “I saw this here disk just a flotin’ in the air and me and my wife…” Yeah, I’m on the floor.

So I am not a television snob.

But Jockeys! Come on now. And the funny thing is I have horses. This is still crazy!

But this made me think of ALLLL the crazy reality shows they have out there and I think they are running out of ideas.

What’s next?

Mailmen. The true story of the men and women that deliver your mail!

Maids. What really goes on when you’re at work and they’re cleaning your house.

Cable repair People. Yeah, they really are watching what you watch!

So this also brings me to this trivia question.

What was the very FIRST reality show that got this stuff started?

Oh, and feel free to list your guilty pleasures

No comments: